• RedecorateIf your paintwork is looking tired or out of date, redecorating can give your home a new lease of life. Always try lots of different paint samples before picking which colours to use and stick with neutral colours if you want to appeal to a broad audience.
• DeclutterHaving a good clear out won’t cost you a penny, but it will make it easier for any potential housebuyers to visualise themselves in your property.
• Change your front doorYour front door is the first thing any visitor to your home will see, so if it is looking shabby, it’s bound to put them off. If you don’t want the expense of replacing the whole door, a lick of paint and a change of door furniture can make it look good as new.
• Update your bathroomThat avocado bathroom suite might have been trendy back in the seventies, but it’s likely to be a real turn off to most people nowadays. Switching to a plain white suite will instantly add value and shouldn’t cost too much if you’re not changing the layout of the room.
• Get out in the gardenYour home might be pristine on the inside, but an overgrown, unkempt garden can knock thousands off its value. Cut back or remove any plants or shrubs that have got out of control and invest in a garden table and chairs so you have an outdoor entertaining space.
For more property and mortgage tips, head over to our Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn page.