Are you interested in joining an award winning company with plenty of opportunities for personal development and lots of fun along the way? Find out a bit more about what we do and the vacancies we currently have.
Purpose of the role:
The Infrastructure Support role is responsible for providing end user focused first and second line technical support and assistance, ensuring that end users are not adversely affected by technical faults or insufficient technical knowledge.
The Support role should ensure that end user requests for help are answered promptly and professionally, either by telephone, email or in person and escalated internally or externally when additional help is required to resolve the issue.
Working closely with the IT Infrastructure and Development teams the Support Role should take ownership of problems through to resolution to deliver a prompt and professional representation of the IT Department in accordance with the IT Vision statement:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of IT Help Desk.
• Supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop PCs.
• Supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop Virtual PCs.
• Supporting and liaising with third party software vendors for installed software.
• Providing assistance to IT Infrastructure and IT Development Teams.
• Ensure the Infrastructure Dept remains ‘on script’ and represents itself to the wider business positively and through agreed frameworks.
• Occasionally work outside of normal office hours.
• Discuss any issues of concern with the IT Infrastructure Manager before escalation.
Working with others
• Liaise within the Infrastructure Dept to fix known issues promptly.
• Develop an Infrastructure Dept culture of a preventative approach to potential problems.
• Communicate effectively with other members of the IT team and other L&C staff.
• Where relevant organise meetings to resolve specific issues that need attention.
• Respect the views of other members of the IT team and discuss differences in a professional manner to achieve a positive outcome.
• Maintain a technical skill-set that keeps pace with the changing needs of L&C and aids fulfilment of agreed business objectives.
Position currently on hold.