Three years ago, the inaugural ‘Thank You Day’ was launched, a specific day each year to thank family members, friends, and work colleagues for the support they provide us with. It was first introduced during the pandemic, as a way for people to show their gratitude to the people who helped us to get through it.
This year, Thank You Day took place on Sunday 2 July, and acknowledged the challenges we are still facing, in particular the cost of living crisis, and those who are helping us through these difficult times.
With this in mind, here at L&C, we’d like to particularly focus on those working in our protection department, who this year alone have provided expert advice and support to ensure more than 3,400 families are protected.
We have over 100 highly-skilled and hard-working protection advisers, and all of our mortgage customers get the chance to speak with one of them. There’s no pressure, but our advisers can explain all the ins and outs of the various protection policies that are available to help them work out what sort of cover is likely to suit their individual requirements, all with no fee and no premium loading. Once customers have decided they want to proceed, our advisers are there to support them through the application process and help arrange everything on their behalf.
It's not just our advisers who we want to thank though. Working alongside our advisers is our invaluable team of dedicated administrators who help advisers and ensure that all the right paperwork is in place, so that applications can be processed smoothly and quickly.
Support from our protection team doesn’t end when a policy has been taken out. Our team offers assistance to all our customers who need to make a claim by liaising with them and the provider. They can also signpost useful support services and charities, and generally be a kind, caring and sympathetic voice during what is usually a highly stressful period in our customers’ lives.
We don’t just help our customers either. L&C is proud to support the remarkable work the children’s bereavement charity Winston’s Wish does for children who have lost a loved one. Since 2015 L&C has donated £1 for every protection we arrange and place on risk – this has amounted to over £80,000.
Our protection team’s efforts recognisedWe at L&C are not the only ones who recognise the invaluable role our protection colleagues play. Over the last 12 months, several of our team have won awards for their work at some of the UK’s major industry awards. These include:
• Rachel Eason-Whale for her phenomenal work as a Diversity and Inclusion champion, as well as Customer Support Woman of the Year
• Eve Orrell for winning the Diversity Hero award at the Barclays Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Awards
• Ashley Hill, one of our protection advisers who won the Above and Beyond Award at Protection Guru for the outstanding research he did for his transgender customer
• Nicola Kingsley-Rowe who won the Unsung Hero award for her tireless work behind the scenes to ensure our advisers are educated and equipped to provide our customers with the very best advice.
• Daniel Atmore who won Best Broker for Protection at the British Mortgage Awards, reflecting his continued hard work and dedication to all of his customers.
We are justifiably proud of not just our award winners but every one of our Protection colleagues at L&C and for this reason we’d officially like to say ‘Thank You’ for their hard work and commitment to protecting L&C’s customers. If you would like to learn more about protection, to discuss your protection needs or review your current cover, call us now Monday to Saturday on 0808 292 0555.