What information do I need for my life insurance application?
When you apply for life insurance most insurers can now accept your application online or over the phone, our advisers can guide you through setting this up when you are ready to proceed. In order to successfully complete the application, you will need to have the following to hand:
- Doctor's name and address
- Medical history
- Details of any current or previous serious illnesses, suffered by either you and/or your family
- Details of any medication that you are currently taking or have taken in the last 5 years.
- Height and weight measurements
- Existing policy information (for example the policy provider, policy number, sum assured and term)
- Bank Account Details (Account number, Sort code, Name of Bank & Name of Account) will be required to apply but payments will not be taken until you give the go ahead to start the policy.
Once you have completed your application you will be sent a copy in writing which you should check carefully. If you notice that any of the information recorded is incorrect, or has changed, please let us know straight away.