Compare 90%
Mortgages
 

Call our expert
advisers now
Call free from mobile or landline
Arrange a callback
or
or
Start your
mortgage online
Continue online
See the deals you qualify for &
how much you could borrow

Net Promoter Score: 80

Correct at 06/09/2021

Apply for a 90% mortgage with L&C

If you’re looking for a 90% mortgage, L&C can help you find the best deal for your needs.

Our Mortgage Finder tool allows you to filter down the options available to you, so you can compare all the top 90% deals in a matter of minutes. Our expert advisers are on hand to offer all the advice you need, and once we’ve found the right deal for you, you can submit your mortgage application online.

We’ll support you through the application process, letting you know the information you’ll need to provide your new lender with, and doing all the necessary legwork on your behalf.

Get started online

Or call one of our expert advisers today on:

Finding the best 90% mortgage deal

A 90% Loan to Value (LTV) mortgage allows you to buy a home by putting down a deposit of 10% of the property’s value (or using the equity in a current property if you’re looking to remortgage), and borrowing the remaining 90%. The term ‘Loan to Value’ is used to describe the size of the mortgage in relation to the property value.

If you want peace of mind that your mortgage payments won’t change if interest rates rise, you might want to consider locking into a fixed rate 90% mortgage deal. Alternatively, you might prefer a variable rate 90% deal if you believe that interest rates are likely to stay low for longer.

You may also be eligible for one of the current Government schemes designed to help those with smaller deposits, such as Help to Buy or Shared Ownership.

Whichever type of 90% mortgage you choose, we’ll give you our expert advice and search across the market to find the best deal for you. If you can’t stretch to a 10% deposit, there are also 95% mortgages to choose from too, so get in touch today and see how we can help.

90% mortgage FAQs

Are 90% mortgages difficult to get?

Provided you’ve got a good credit score and can demonstrate to lenders that you’d be able to afford your mortgage payments both now and if rates rise in future, a 90% mortgage should be possible to get. If you’re not sure which 90% mortgage is right for you, contact L&C and we will recommend the best deal for you.

How do 90% mortgages work?

When you take out a 90% mortgage, you put down a 10% deposit and then borrow the remaining 90% of the property value. Find out more in our guide to 90% and 95% mortgages.

Can I get a 90% Buy to Let mortgage?

You typically need to put down a deposit of at least 25% if you want to take out a Buy to Let mortgage. Some lenders will accept smaller deposits of around 15% if you can demonstrate the rental income is sufficient. Read more about Buy to Let mortgages in our guide ‘How do Buy to Let mortgages work?’